Sunday, March 8, 2009

We're covered in Ink.......

We just got done making thumb print people. It was a lot of fun. Perhaps we'll play swamp monster later. We might as well, our hands are purple. Dante and Kaleb make 2 pages, one for Uncle Mike and one for Aldrin. I just made one for Aldrin. Maybe I’ll make a thumb print city for Mike later. We can't mail them until tomorrow anyway.

Last night the kids and I played Doctor for the better part of an hour. I was the sick patient and the boys were the doctors. I was treated for every ailment I could think of from a cramp in my toe to appendicitis. I got a good reaction from the appendicitis complaint. I claimed to be in immense pain and wanted to go under. I didn't want to remember anything when I woke up. Dante grabbed a Lego and gave me a shot in my knee. Kaleb panicked, grabbed the phone and called for backup claiming he wasn't experienced in this type of operation. After explaining to Dante I wanted more than a local anesthetic he asked me to count backwards from 100 and gave me another shot in the knee. While being "under" I felt Kaleb give me a fake slice from my pelvic bone all the way to my collar bone. Upon waking I screamed in shock at the size of my scar. Over all we had an awful lot of fun.

Both boys were excellent at church today. This surprised me only because they lost an hour of sleep last night due to day light saving. I guess it didn't faze them. I'm so proud.

My dad set up a game on the computer called "Battle Chess". Kaleb played for over an hour. He is really getting into chess.

Here is a picture of Barker. Isn't she cute?



I guess that's all for today. Dante and I are going to go make some brownies before we start reading our new book. (We picked "My side of the mountain".)

No comments:

Post a Comment